June 17, 2014

travel / buongiorno!



The view of Firenze, Tuscany from Piazzale Michelangelo





Giardino di Boboli in Firenze



Venezia




 My Italian getaway was far too short and I immediately fell in love with the city of Florence and Venice at first sight. The weather during my time in Italy was beyond amazing. The sun was radiant and always warm with breezy wind to balance it out. Yes, it was perfect unlike the Netherlands in which it was pouring cold rain (and super windy as always) the evening that I left for Italy. The rustic city of Florence has its hidden charms and you can find its gems (one of them being gelato of course) in every corner, despite how small the city is. As for Venice, the main island was absolutely breathtaking. It's nothing like the past travels and cities I've been to. The quaint and charming neighbourhood, to the beautiful hand-made arts and endless staircase. My time in Italy was amazing and I would definitely come back for a longer stay to explore deeper and to continue my quest for the most delicious gelato and Italian food, unique corners and cafés!

2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS! This post made me want to just pack my bags and fly away to this dreamy place! Looks like you had a beautiful time! Thank you for sharing with us! xoxo

    -Lauren

    www.adornlafemme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you liked my post :) I had a wonderful time in Italy and can't wait to see the other cities too!

      Delete