September 30, 2014

travel / a little trip to the seaside



The main harbour








Scarborough castle













Since this summer, I have finally moved to Leeds, UK, for my study abroad program for university. It has been roughly two weeks since I moved and so far, I am loving Leeds! Over the last weekend I made a one day trip to Scarborough located in the Northern Yorkshire region. We left Leeds at about nine in the morning and reached Scarborough just around fifteen past ten o'clock. Lately the weather in the UK hasn't been so bright but thank goodness the weather when I was there was perfect! The sky was clear and blue, and the sun scorching hot despite now being the end of September. 

Throughout the day we explored this little sunshine place; how in love was I with this city. From the buildings to the doorsteps and to every corners, this city is just beautiful. Can I just say that there is something about British doorsteps that makes me want to take out my camera and shoot it (I know I'm not the only one who likes to take photos of people's doorsteps!) These doors are so colourful and unique from house to house, neighbourhood to neighbourhood. I also noticed how the Brits love pastel homes and also brick walls. It's everywhere.

While living in the UK, why not try and devour on their fish and chips? I most certainly did so for our quick lunch. One funny thing though, was the pudding. Now, I realized that British pudding and the usual pudding that I normally eat is different. British puddings are like cakes, whereas the ones I enjoy are cold and jelly-like, similar to flans. Knowing this now, I think I won't order puddings in the near future since I did not particularly enjoyed it. But who knows, maybe one day there will be a time in which I come to like British puddings!

My one day trip to Scarborough was just splendid and I am most definitely looking forward to more roadtrips around the UK! If you guys have any recommendations of places to see and try out, do leave me comments! I'd love to know about them :)


3 comments:

  1. It looks so charming! Wonderful pictures :)
    Simimaus

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loveeee your photos! I've been wanting to visit Scarborough because of the infamous song, "Scarborough Fair" :( I wish finally I have the chance to visit it as well! Thank's for sharing <3

    BLOG | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful place and stunning photography! #wanderlustgoals

    http://www.starrynotes.com

    ReplyDelete